About Avoca Birches Campground
We’ve always loved camping, whether it be in tent, truck and camper or RV We’d sit around our campfire creating our campground in our minds. One thing that was a must was spacious and private sites offering the best the outdoors has to offer. We hope to provide you with just that while you make memories at Avoca Birches with family and friends, old and new.
Our property consists of 60 acres, which is split in half by the famous Cabot Trail. The shore side, where the campground sits, has 800’ of ocean frontage and borders the Little River with river sites available. Let the sounds of the ocean waves and flowing river wash your cares away. Spend the day at the shore swimming, soaking up the sun or relaxing in a beach chair with your toes in the river while the kids splash about. Pop over to the Little River wharf and purchase your fresh from the ocean lobster (in season) to cook up for dinner. At the end of the day unwind by your crackling fire, sipping a beverage and maybe strumming a tune. Minimal lighting throughout the camping area will provide amazing views of the night sky. Bring your telescope or lay back and wish upon a shooting star.
If you need a break from rest and relaxation, there are various activities nearby to pass the day. Fishing, boating, golfing as well as ATVing, mountain biking and hiking, by accessing the Highlands at Wreck Cove 7 minutes away. Also visit the many local artisans and restaurants in our area.
- All vehicles must stop and register at office
- Check in after 3PM for RV/Tent sites, 4PM for Rental Unit
- Check out by 11 AM
- Quiet time is 11 PM-8 AM
- Generator use times to 8-10AM, 12-1PM and 5-7PM only.
- Speed limit 10 kph
- Keep fires in fire pits and do not move pits
- Do not disturb, cut or deface trees, shrubs or vegetation, including peeling of bark, in the campground or surrounding property.
- Firewood will be available for purchase
- Do not leave fires unattended
- Ensure fires are completely out when leaving or retiring for the night
- Dogs must be kept on leash at all times and owners must pick up after them
- No garbage in fire pits
- Pets must not be left unattended at sites
- Keep campsite clean and tidy. Put garbage and recyclables in bins provided
- No car or RV washing
- No fireworks
- No loud music or parties. Respect your fellow campers
- Beach areas are unsupervised. Use at your own risk
- No glass on the beach
- Management and staff shall not be responsible for accident or injury. Please be careful
- For everyone’s enjoyment, please consider where you are smoking. No smoking in public areas and ensure your butts are completely out and disposed of properly
- Alcohol to be consumed on your own registered site
- Only 2 dogs allowed